The Learning Center offers private, one-on-one, personal tutoring with a credentialed or master degree level teacher. This program is for students who are behind in certain subjects and want to get ahead in school. Tutoring can help raise a student's grades by providing assistance with homework and specific subject matter.
- Tutoring is available in most subjects including:
- - Mathematics: Arithmetic, Algebra I & II, Geometry, Math Analysis, Trigonometry & Calculus
- - Language Arts: English, French, Spanish, Japanese, German
- - Science: Biology, Earth Sciences, Physics, Chemistry
- - History: Social Studies, World History, Ancient History
Students will also learn study skills so that they can be more self-sufficient in the future.
The Learning Center's tutoring program can give your child what they need to achieve. Our credentialed tutor's can help your child improve their grades, raise test scores, and learn productive study skills. We have credentialed tutors available in all subjects.
The goal of tutoring is to bring the student's academic courses to the grade level that is desired in particular subject areas as efficiently as possible.
- How do we differ from other educational services? There are many ways we differ:
- - Our teachers are all credentialed by the state of California or have attained a Masters Degree. They are not merely college students, or recent college graduates
- - Our classes are all private tutoring sessions, as in one-teacher with one-student, not groups of students like a traditional school.
- - Each student is constantly evaluated and reviewed to determine progress.
- - We assess our students to identify the best way to reach each one individually, because we understand that every student has different learning styles that work best for them.
- - Our classes do not consist of simply putting the student in front of a computer and having them work. Our credentialed teachers work directly and intensively with each student.
- All tutoring is with one student and one credentialed or masters degree level teacher. Hourly sessions provided:
- - At The Learning Center's Campus in Encino, California;
- - With a teacher who comes to your home in Los Angeles, California; or
- - Over the Internet through Skype from anywhere in the world.
Contact The Learning Center to Get a Tutor For Your Child
If a student is learning challenged or has a learning disability, tutoring may not be sufficient. The student may require educational therapy.