The Learning Center offers language training to improve English communication skills. Depending on a student's needs, training is provided in reading, writing, speaking, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. Our goal is to improve English language skills quickly, efficiently and effectively.
The Learning Center's one-student with one-teacher method of teaching English is highly focused and personalized. Each student is given a comprehensive language proficiency test. The results of this test will help determine the level and pace of instruction needed by each individual student. Instruction strategies are appropriately designed for beginners as well as student who are more advanced in English language skills. The educational specialists are trained to work with learning handicaps and disorders, including dyslexia, emotional problems, and fear of public speaking.
A credentialed teacher will be assigned to implement the personalized English curriculum. Each class is composed of one student and one teacher. From over 30 years of experience The Learning Center has shown that a teacher-student ratio of one to one is the best way to learn English. In this setting the student has the opportunity to speak at all times and about all concerns or interests. Speaking English at such an accelerated frequency and intensity results in rapid learning, development of an accurate accent, and minimizes the formation of incorrect habits. Finally, in the personalized teaching environment, our English lessons can include styles of speaking and vocabulary that are used in different industries or businesses. For example, after learning the basics, your classes can be designed to contain terms and phrases that apply to fields such as law, medicine, real estate, computer science, etcetera.
* 5 days per week; 4 hours per day
* Instruction hours planned around student's availability to accommodate student's work, business or travel in the United States
* Assistance with living arrangement is available (local hotels or furnished apartments)
* Group fees available upon request
* Special field trip planning available
* TOEFL preparation available
All English as a Second Language courses are with one student and one credentialed or masters degree level teacher. Hourly sessions provided:
- At The Learning Center's Campus in Encino, California;
- With a teacher who comes to your home in Los Angeles, California; or
- Over the Internet through Skype from anywhere in the world.
We accept credit cards, bank transfers, US currency or US personal checks. Fees are due before the courses start. Fees are not refundable.